Thursday, September 20, 2007

I ran a nice 7 miles this morning... it was chilly out side & I'm perfectly okay with that, it was also very dark... I'm okay with that too. I ran the 7 miles in 56:03 which breaks down to an 8:08 minute/mile... I'm not okay with that...

I've noticed that as my long runs get longer my running in general has become slower, I think this may have to do with slowing down for the long runs... the way I figure it, I'm getting used to the slower pace that I use on my 14 milers and above and as a result I'm having a harder time pacing my self on the shorter runs. Hopefully this is something I can correct by the time the marathon rolls around, as it really is starting to irk me. I think I may have to make a concerted effort to run harder on my training runs which is all well and fine in print but another thing entirely in execution...

I'll be doing 6 miles tomorrow morning, 4 on Saturday, then 20 on Sunday... Monday I will gimp around and whine about how tight/sore my legs are... good times.... good times, indeed!

No comments: