Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I had a nice run last night, I headed out around 5pm or so, it had already begun to get dark out (I guess most people would refer to that as 'dusk'), and there was a cool snap in the air. This was just my standard 6 mile route at about a 8 minute/mile pace which felt really comfortable, there was nothing that set last night's run apart from any other run, I just particularly enjoyed it...

The marathon is now 11 days away... that's crazy... thinking about it is now able to incite nervousness in my stomach, not that I'm nervous about any particular facet, it's just a general nervousness. I've felt like this prior to any sort of race, the difference is, I'm usually feeling this way at the starting line, not weeks in advance. A week or so ago I had a dream, for lack of a better term, that kept me tossing and turning all night long... I believed that it was the night prior to the marathon and despite how many times I awoke I was unable to shake the feeling, at times being fully convinced that it really was that next morning. Thankfully, that was a one time deal (so far - knock on wood) but clearly, this will be something I have to deal with again come the 24th. I'm excited and I'm ready to have it under my belt, I've yet to determine how I'll go about training post-marathon but I do have an idea as to what my next endeavor will be... nothing is in stone yet, but here's a hint...

No comments: