Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A few thoughts...

I wasn't going to post anything here for a few days figuring I'd have nothing to say but, it turns out, I do have a few things on my mind, so I'll just turn this into a full, yet completely disjointed, post.

I sent in my 'stats' to the 'confirmation comity' of Marathon Maniacs yesterday, I've been approved for membership but, due to fees, I'll wait a few weeks before I'm 'official.'

Recovery from Mt. Si is going well, my muscles are still sore but not dramatically so. There's only one spot that's sore that hasn't been before, right where my foot meets my shin, it's nothing bad, it's just... I don't know... new...

A few days prior to Mt. Si I posted that I was a bit worried about my left foot and right ankle, both were no cause for concern, by the start of the race on Sunday I had completely forgot that they had even hurt.

In the same post mentioned above I stated I was awaiting my new shoes; I was waiting on a pair of 10 1/2s and a pair of 11s to try on, on Friday the 11s came in and I decided to head to SRC and try 'em on. To my surprise they felt good, I had assumed they'd be too big but figured I'd give 'em a shot. I ended up wearing them for the entire 50 miles with no adverse effects. I did get a few blisters but I was pleasantly surprised by their location. Usually I end up with blisters on my arches, these are very irritating, on Sunday I had no arch blisters. The only blisters I had were on various spots on my toes and they were easily bearable. Needless to say, I've very happy with my new shoes!

I'd be lying if I said I had no reservations about running a 50 miler (my first none-the less) 2 weeks after having run a 50K, turns out this was of no consequence. In fact pretty stoked about it! One of the best 'results' of ultrarunning, for me, is the building of confidence in my running, I'm constantly learning something while out on there and that's a great feeling...

I'm already questioning my 'hiatus'... 'Mmmm.... what's going on in May (or for that matter, next weekend ;-) ?"

1 comment:

Christian said...

You missed the Rotterdam marathon. Put it on your calendar for next year, eh? :-)