Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A few things...

After last weekend's miss of the 3:30 mark, I've started to rethink the whole "last reasonable shot at it" statement... maybe giving it one more go around at the 'Last Chance' is worth a try... what's the worst thing that can happen, right? Initially I said I didn't think it was a good idea with the 'First Call' the next day, but I've since decided that either way, whether I go for a 3:30 or not, my legs will be tired come the 1st, so I've really got nothing to lose. (One of these days I'll actually start training for speed...)

Beyond that little thought, this coming weekend has me all worked up... I'm nervous but also excited... I'm thinking the most logical thing for me to do is aim for 50K personal worsts both Saturday and Sunday, or rather aim for it on Saturday, expect it on Sunday. I figure, on Saturday I should go out with plans of taking it easy so that, come Sunday, I have something (anything) left for those 12,000 odd feet of elevation gain. Either way, Sunday's kind of a crap shoot... I'll be please with a 50K finish...

I just bought some Yak-Trax to bring with me Sunday in case they're needed...

1 comment:

Backofpack said...

Look! I just found your blog. So, since you wrote this one, plans have changed for the weekend. Oh, well. I'm not sure Last Chance is the place to go for speed - gravel trail, a couple short and steep sections. It'll be good to see how you do!