Friday, January 23, 2009

...just a few thoughts...

  • I was lying awake last night thinking to myself, I should probably run hard(er) at Pigtail's this weekend... I had a solid 2 loops there last year... so, without over thinking it, I think I'll try for a 50K PR tomorrow...
  • My left ankle has been on and off sore since Pigtail's Flat Ass back in December (damn snow), however, since Capitol Peak, last weekend, it's only been 'on'... it feels much better than it did the day after Cap Peak, but there's definitely still twinges of pain... I'll get it checked out come mid February, until then, I really just have to survive this weekend's double, but I'm guessing it'll be fine...
  • I'm in the process of planning out the rest of my racing schedule from Feb. 8th (Valentine Marathon) forward... I know I have STORMY in August, it's just what will be between then & now... here's what I'm looking at as a short list (I'd love to do these all, but I don't foresee that happening)...
    • Pacific Rim 24 Hour Run - 3/14
    • Green Lake Dizzy Daze 100K - 3/28
    • Mt. Si 50 Mile - 4/19
    • Capitol Peak 50 Mile - 4/25
    • Watershed Preserve 12 Hour - 5/16
    • Forest Park 50K - 5/24
    • North Face Endurance 50 Mile (Bellingham) - 6/6
    • 20th Century 100K - 6/20
    • Grey Rock 50K - 7/11
  • I've yet to make any sort of call on whether or not to look for a pacer for STORMY, I'm not some one whose opposed to the idea of pacers, I just don't know that I can offer a pacer what seems fair (ie: meals, hotel room, transportation, etc.)...
  • This weekend's double will be my 19th and 20th marathons (or longer)... that's pretty cool... 1/5 of the way to 100...

No comments: