Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday

Saturday - 3.6 (standard) run, done in 25:01, 7:00 minute miles... good times

Sunday - I ran a mile down to the YMCA, swam for about 45 minutes, then ran on a treadmill (wanted to see what it was like) for 3.1 miles at a 7:34 minute mile, then did a few quick sets on various leg (cal, quads, etc.) machines... prior to the treadmill run I didn't stretch, I also felt that my feet were striking really hard, not sure but this might be why the lame ITBS was acting up again... I walked home not too thrilled that I didn't get in the full 6 miles called for but at that point my knee wasn't in the mood for any more miles... arrg... (oh yeah... I figured out that treadmills are not as bad as I had envisioned, that being said, I still prefer the streets and will more than likely only run on a treadmill again if weather is unbearable/unrunable).

Tuesday (today) - woke up at the butt crack of dawn and headed out for (again) the standard 3.6 miles, did it in 25:50 (7:14 minute miles)... it's was nice, not fast but not too slow, the knee didn't bitch (and has yet to)... also, oddly enough, I'm tempted to run again tonight, I most likely won't but I'm tempted...

...anyhoo, another 3.6 tomorrow, this'll have to be in the morning as I have a previous engagement to attend to right after work... I'll let you knee how it goes...

1 comment:

Preston said...

I'm going to stick with my original assumptions that tredmills are the devil. Only because I hate running in one spot. Thought you might like to know!