Monday, April 30, 2007

...where was I?

Okay... ummm... let's see here....

...so, despite what I wrote last Tuesday, I didn't end up waking up early for a run the next morning, I went to work, went to pick up the mother-in-law for her b-day celebration, went to a great restaurant (Serafina) had booze, appetizers, a 12oz. steak, and dessert too... then I went home and got in my 3 miles... since it was darker out I choose to sick to a main road (California Ave.) until I got to Hiawatha Park were I ran 1.5 miles on the track... all in all I was fairly happy with the results, I ran faster than expected for having so much food on my stomach.

I decided to take Thursday off for the sake of my knee, I also just 'wasn't feeling it' I guess... I've read plenty that warns of "over training" to the point where you lose your motivation, so I figured I'd cave in and see what this whole rest thing was about...

Friday was a scheduled day off which I also took...

By Saturday I was still feeling pretty lazy, I had told myself that I was going to run right around 9:30am (about the time I was returning from dropping off the wife downtown)... that quickly turned into "right after the Vikings make their first round draft pick" which then became "...once I see where Brady Quinn ends up" which, if you watched the draft, you know took forever (this, by the way, was the longest first round in history... a painful 6 and a half hours... I almost watched all of it)... I finally got around to hitting the road some where around 3:45ish... I choose to do some speed work, fartlek style, down at the local middle school track... it was a good 3 miles still but I didn't time my self since I figured I wasn't running at any sort of pace...

Sunday (yesterday) called for a 6 miler, most of the morning and afternoon were filled up with various events including another birthday celebration that included bocce ball & cake, by the time I got home, got changed, and got stretched it was almost 8:30pm, this meant I had no time for mapping a route... I decided I would try and go by memory... this is what I ended up running... as you can see, my memory did a disservice to me and, as a result, I only ended up running an even 5 minutes... oh well, it still felt good and it was a great chance to try out a new piece of gear I picked up since it was a bit chilly out along the water...

Tonights a rest day... I feel like I just had one but I guess that was 2 days ago... funny how that works, at one point I didn't feel like doing anything, now here I am ready to over do it again but I'm gonna follow the old advice that rest days are just as important as run days and just take a nice walk down to the library (and pick up some books on running ;-) )

Check Wednesday to see how Tuesday's 3 miles go... see ya...

No comments: