Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Oh... ummm.. Saturday was a real short stay loose/warm up run of 2 1/4 miles and then Sunday was the "Beat the Bridge" 8K.

Beat the Bridge was a good time, I finished up with an unofficial (ie: by my clock) time of 34:31 (6:57 minute/mile) the official results will be posted by June 1st, these results however are only sort of official since the race does not use timing chips. Like a broken record, I must say, I felt like I could have been going faster... having said that, I pleased that I was able to find a pace that wasn't too slow but that also allowed me to finish strong and to be feeling good (though I would trade those good feelings for an extra 2 1/2 minutes off my time ;-).

I really enjoyed route and the race atmosphere in general, it had been quite some time since my last race and I felt like this was a great way to get back into the spirit of things. Besides almost being close lined by some fool who felt the need to hi-five a bunch of spectators, the run it self was pretty uneventful... good, cool weather through out the majority of the run with a little sprinkle of rain just as I hit the final 1/2 mile... all in all, good times... I'll be back next year...

Here's some random pic from "Beat the Bridge" that was in the Seattle Times...

Tonights a four miler... I thinkin' I'm gonna try a route that I haven't before... maybe this one.

Happy Tuesday.

No comments: