Wednesday, June 06, 2007

...so I'm back... sooner than expected (sorta)...

A full week would have been WAY too long... even with full intentions of not running, my brain out smarted me (?) and tricked me into running out of necessity... the story goes that, on Sunday, I needed a larger vehicle (truck or van) in order to transport a desk my wife had bought, so I called a friend and asked to use her parents minivan, this was all good until I started thinking about how to go get to the vehicle... some how I had gone about making all these arrangements with out considering that, oh yeah, my wife had the car all afternoon (sheesh, I'm stoopid at times), so without a better option I laced up and headed out the door. In my haste, I completely forgot any sort of timing device so I have no clue what my pace was, to be honest though, I'm not too concerned, after all, I wasn't even supposed to be out there... the distance was 3.6 miles (just as a reference, 4 miles were scheduled), it was sunny and hot that mid-morning, and, over all, I felt pretty good.

I realized shortly after my run on Sunday that I not running again 'til Saturday was going to be difficult...

...when I got home from work Tuesday everything seemed to be saying 'go run', the weather was cool, my wife was working late, and there wasn't anything on TV... why wouldn't I run? Obviously there was something holding me back because I didn't actually head out the door until 6pm (2 hours after getting home), it quickly became apparent what was attempting to stop me... my lazy body. I can honestly say that there was no portion of that run that felt good, don't get me wrong, it wasn't painful, it was just... I don't know... taxing. I was convinced through out the run that I was going slow, but, as it turns out, I was zipping right along... at a pace much faster (in my opinion) than usual. My finishing time was 27:12 which worked out to a 6:38 minute/mile pace (!!!)... perhaps I felt ass-y because I was running harder than usual?

Irregardless, the hiatus is over, tonight's a night off (no really, look at the schedule, remember, this is an easy week) and Thursday's another 4... good times...

No comments: