Wednesday, January 30, 2008

List

...to go along with my "goals" and "lesser aspirations" listed in the margins on the right here's a few other wants... these list represents items I'd like to obtain and marathons I'd like to run, but more than a few of the items on this list require explanations, so here goes...

  • I've gone back and forth on this one, but after Saturday, I now know that I want a Marathon Maniacs singlet. Truth be told it's not so much the singlet I would like but the membership to the maniacs, this will require a certain amount of energy that I'm having trouble arranging. From the list of requirements it seems most logical for me to attempt would be 3 marathons in 3 months, especially since I already have plans on running Grandma's on 6/21 and the Rattlesnake Lake Marathon on 7/6. Unfortunately I'm having troubles finding a 3rd to run prior to 9/17, it's not that there aren't any, it's that I don't have the $$$ to throw towards a registration fee. Grandma's is paid up and Rattlesnake Lake is free, if I can dig up (or organize?) one more free one, I'm set, if not, well, I'll figure something out...
  • Boston... one word that most anyone who's run a marathon understands the significance of. Again though, there are those damn requirements... a 3:15 marathon is currently unfathomable for me, some people strive for years upon years to reach Boston, I have to consider what's important to me as far as running goes. Speed? Distance? Marathon Resume (as they say)? I'm not sure which means most to me but I do know Boston means training... hard...
  • Western States 100... this one is an even further off dream than Boston, once again, due to the requirements, and if those aren't daunting enough, the entry field is limited 357 runners so there's a lottery to get in, this year 1st time applicants had a 16% chance of getting in. I believe I could pull off the 50 miles in 11 hours to qualify, but I don't know that for sure, and even if I did qualify, beyond that requires luck, $$$, and organization of a crew... if I'm ever a part of this, it won't be anytime soon...
  • Athens Marathon... I don't think that requires an explanation...
  • Then there's all the others that I'd love to participate in... (I was gonna list 'em but there's just too many...)

No comments: