Wednesday, February 20, 2008

It's been almost a week... but what do I have to write about... nothing really, but here, you can have this...
I think my super blister is almost healed up... I decided to be really easy on it, bandaging it daily, using mole skin, neosporin, the works, all while not running... I figured it's better to have the stupid thing healed up in time for Sunday and use the time off as a sorta crappy tapper than to jeopardize my chances at finishing my first 50K. I should have a chance to log some easy miles prior to then, it's just a matter of when...

Last Sunday, my wife, a buddy, and I did a little stair climbing not far from my home, this was meant as training/practice for the Big Climb coming up in March. My blister did fine during that but what's crazy is that my quads are still aching. Aching quads are all fine and dandy, I have no problem being sore (in fact I sorta enjoy having slightly fatigued muscles, it reminds my to be thankful that I can still do these things) but what's crazy is this is the first time I've ever been sore from stair climbing. I've done the Big Climb the last 2 years and after each event remarked how surprised I was that I wasn't sore, crazier still is that I am in far better shape now than I was then... go figure... I've got a few theories as to why exactly this time was different but it doesn't really matter, it just surprises me is all... as long as they're happy come Sunday so am I...

No comments: