Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Short list (ordered/revised)

If (if, if, if) I'm unable to get into Western States 100, this is the order of priority in regards to other 100's...

  1. Cascade Crest: due to it being so close to Seattle (70 min. drive) and it's relatively late start time (10am) I could easily sleep in my own bed the surrounding dates. So no plane ticket, no hotel fees, & the beauty of the Cascades means this race is on the top of my list. Truth be told, if Western States wasn't being held on my birthday I'd probably not even try the lottery and just be sure to get signed up for this race instead...
  2. The Bear: again, proximity plays a part here, and no, Preston, ID isn't exactly close, but a 12 hour drive is cheaper than a flight, plus this would appear to be a very friendly event...
  3. Superior Sawtooth: Despite the fact that I'll be going to the North Shore this summer to run Grandma's, I'd be lying if I said there wasn't something about returning to MN that appeals to me, plus, I know that area, Goose Berry Falls, Split Rock, Lutsen, are all gorgeous places...
  4. Tahoe: I just don't know enough about this race to put it any higher...
  5. H.U.R.T.: That's one expensive trip and that course sounds rough...
  6. Leadville: Again, that course just sounds killer, I mean, I know 100 miles will be hard no matter what but add those climbs and elevation... scary stuff man... someday though...

No comments: