Friday, April 04, 2008

*sigh*

Well, I should be raving about how I bought new shoes last night but instead I'm awaiting a phone call to be told my size has been shipped to the store. This is my own fault, I have a common foot size & I'm buying a relatively popular shoe, I should have anticipated this. Never the lass, I'm disappointed.

To add insult to injury, or rather, injury to disappointment, I have a nagging pain on the top of my left foot and soreness through my right ankle, I first noticed both of them during a short run on Wednesday. There's a part of me that says 'go get 'em checked out' as they are not similar to other aches and pains I have felt, and, to be more specific, they do not feel like muscular injuries. I have no history of bone injuries, I've never broken a bone, I've never had shin splints, nothing (knock on wood), so I don't even know if I could identify something like a stress fracture, but, of course, I can't help but think of the worse case scenario. The other part of me says 'rest up now, go run 50 miles 8 days from now, and see how you feel after that.' I know that's not the best idea, but I also know that's exactly what I'm going to do.

I really hope a few days from now all is well and another pain goes unidentified & untreated and I'm no worse for it but I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Either way, I intend to be finishing the 50 mile course on the 13th, I intend on being happy about it, and I intend to hurt... I can't wait...
"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional."

No comments: